Well, they’ve been announced and here are the nominees for YOUNG PEOPLE’S LITERATURE.
- Becky Albertalli, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- M.T. Anderson, Symphony for the City of the Dead: Dmitri Shostakovich and the Siege of Leningrad (Candlewick Press)
- Ali Benjamin, The Thing About Jellyfish (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
- Rae Carson, Walk on Earth a Stranger (Greenwillow/HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Gary Paulsen, This Side of Wild: Mutts, Mares, and Laughing Dinosaurs (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing)
- Laura Ruby, Bone Gap (Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Ilyasah Shabazz, with Kekla Magoon, X: A Novel (Candlewick Press)
- Steve Sheinkin, Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War (Roaring Brook Press/Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group)
- Neal Shusterman, Challenger Deep (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- Noelle Stevenson, Nimona (HarperTeen/HarperCollins Children’s Books)
I’ve only read three of these so it looks as though I will have to make some adjustments to my “to read” pile…again.